Monday, January 4, 2010

Been away from my Blogging too Long-January 4, 2010


My new banner on Etsy was created by me! I really like this one even better. Hope you do too. Just felt it was time for a change and decided to use the Rabbit Moon Art Nouveau card for


the background. I've really been busy with my crafts. In November before Thanksgiving, I did a show locally at an early American shop and did very well for the day. After that, I was so busy creating for my family and friends. I started, sometime after Thanksgiving, to create glass coasters using many of the same designs I had created for the cards I make. I think I've made over 100 glass coasters.

What I do is to cut the glass 4" x 4", cutting two of those. Then I resize the designs and cut them on my Cricut Expressions machine to fit between the glass. Last, I use the 1/2" copper tape to enclose it all and put sticky-backed felt circles (3/8" round) on the back so to not scratch surfaces. They really have been a hit. Above is a sample of the glass coasters done in the snowflake pattern.

Well my kids came and stayed overnight on Christmas Eve. We usually open presents on that night rather than on Christmas Day. Had a great dinner with my daughter Abby fixing most of it. She's 24 and loves to cook. She brought her boyfriend David and my son Carl came, too. We all had a good time.

Wishing you all a great new year and also hopefully a prosperious one..ha.

Take care.

Gregg





No comments:

Post a Comment