Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hey All, I've Changed Where My Store is Located!

After some heavy thinking, I decided to move my store to Artfire.com.  I really like it and especially for the fact that you pay a set fee, the same each month!  Actually you don't even have to pay a fee if you don't want all the extra things it allows if you do go Pro. So we will see.  I had only entered items on my site the first day, when I got a sale!  So I was happy about that.  Juls, one of my followers is on Artfire and it is because of her that I took a look at the site, first looking at the wonderful flowers she has for sale on her site.

http://julsfantasyflowers.artfire.com/

 Oh, the other thing I like about the Artfire site, is that you don't have to pay Artfire an amount when you do sell something.  You retain all the profit.  Quite different from Etsy.

Well on another note, the weather has been crappy here in "Funcie Muncie".  Although, at least today it rained rather than snowed.  So maybe we are getting closer to Spring.  It seems that way when I look at the exposed ground and try to find sprouts coming through the ground and snow.  Spring is my favorite time of the year.  Aside from my birthday being in April, the fresh smells of the earth and all the bird sounds.  I'll be able to walk the Whiteriver trail again (boy do I need to) with my neighbor, Sarah.  The trail has now been extended to the west about 3 and a half miles.  So a great option from taking the same trail (to the east) each time.  I always see so much life near the water.  There are blue heron living in the area and they swoop down to the water or roost on a branch to stay out of harms way.  Beautiful creatures.  They almost look prehistoric and sound that way as well (not that I know what a teradaktyl (sp) sound is like..ha). 

Well, I was at Hobby Lobby again just the other day..can't go into that store without finding something I want or need..ha. I found a magazine on studios.  I'm wanting to remodel in the basement to make my studio area as functional and as much as a sanctuary as possible.  This magazine by cloth-paper-scissors had wonderful studio examples from all over the country giving me many ideas. I've included the front cover of the issue here.  Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine (Studios Inspiration & Ideas for your art and craft space, Winter 2009-2010)Lots of great pictures of storage ideas, etc.  Love it.  Didn't feel so alone as a guy doing my art.  There were several guy artists among those in the special issue showing their studios; lighting, storage, inspiration, how they put their places together.  It was a great issue.

Well, I can't wait to have the chance to redo my studio area. It actually is only about 6 feet by 10 feet.  And to make it worse, the door to the garage from my basement area is in the direct path.  So I definitely need a new plan....which I have created, but have to wait till spring arrives.

Hope I haven't rambled too much.  Love to journal, though.
Take care & happy crafting.

Gregarious

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed Studios! Guys are always welcome, so be sure to send me pictures of your studio when you've finished redoing it.
    Cate Prato
    Editor, Cloth Paper Scissors Studios

    ReplyDelete