Wednesday, July 15, 2009


Thought I'd share a sample of one of my mini-journaling books with you. I start with recycled cardboard for the covers. Then choose a great textured paper for the cover. As I create the book cover, I embed ties and a place marker ribbon so that the book can be closed and also mark the place where stopping from journaling.

Then I copy pages that have the words, "My Journal" and the date with lines for writing. Those pages get cut in half and so become 4 x 5 1/2 inches per page. The pages are folded and sewn together in 4 sets or signatures. Then the signatures are glued together and finally are glued into the covers of the book. It is a wonderful thing to see the book take shape. I have many versions in my Etsy store under the title of "Greggs Goodies". Check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment