Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend in Ft. Wayne & Altered Books Find!

I enjoy getting away at times and Ft. Wayne is close. I love the Jefferson Pointe area for at least a couple of reasons. One reason is that there is a great Barnes & Noble bookstore there and with many choices of books about crafting. The other reason is that there is also a Michaels store there also. That is my wonderland...ha. Well, at the B & N store, I found a couple of books on altered books I really loved and purchased. One is called Altered Books Workshop by Bev Brazelton. That one is a step by step (with many examples) of how to create in many creative ways an altered book using popups, pockets, drawers, cover designing, and much more. Wonderful pictures that really inspire.

The other book is called Collaborative Art Journals & Shared Visions in Mixed Media by L.K. Ludwig. It also has inspirational work done in collaborative ways Many techniques are included in this one as well. Needless to say, I was "chomping at the bit" to get back home and try out many of the ideas.

On an earlier excursion up to Ft. Wayne, I purchased another book that compliments both of the above called The Decorated Page-Journals, Scrapbooks, & Albums Made Simply Beautiful by Gwen Diehn. The book is very descriptive and as with the others has many beautiful full-color examples of journal pages. So there you go...if you like altered books and haven't seen these yet, check them out.

I'm also contemplating taking my paper flowers ideas and transferring them to hats as in the Victorian era, where women wore those great hats with paper flowers. Anyone out there like that idea and think they might be interested in such a hat?

Well, I need to get busy..lots to do today. Have a good one and again, don't forget to checkout my store on Etsy! http://www.greggsgoodies.etsy.com

Gregarious

No comments:

Post a Comment