Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday, July 22, 2009-Showcase is Under Way






I have two showcases today; one being a vintage showcase and the other is for my mini-journaling books. I've added a slideshow of the types of art I do so viewers can get a better idea of my work. I love making shadowboxes and the one here in a black box is of my aunt Freda who was one of my favorite aunts. She passed on in June and so I was compelled to do two boxes of the same for her two boys, my cousins. They were thrilled to receive them. I can do the same for anyone who might want a memory type box or for someone living to honor them. If you go to my Etsy site at http://www.greggsgoodies.etsy.com you will find the memory box category to see what I have stated there.

I also have done memory "altered" box as here with the picture of a friend on the cover and many memories from the past. I did this one for her birthday. She loved it!

The cutouts are of the type done first in Germany, I believe, called Scherenschnitte, which means "scissor cuts". I have a way of creating the design and then transferring it to my Cricut Expressions machine. Otherwise, it would take too long to produce. But at least I am creating the design.

My other passion because I like flowers so much, I have learned to create paper flowers that do look fairly realistic. I was inspired by a segment on Martha Stewart's show where she was using her punches to create the flowers. It is detailed, but I love the final product.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to honor a memory! Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete